I was walking my dog, Truffles, the other day and was stunned to see one of my neighbors fertilizing his lawn while his dog followed right behind him.
Lawn chemicals are toxic:
it says right on the bottle,
“Dangerous for children and pets.”
If you are reading my blog then you know that I am a mom with a mission! I created Dr. Doormat, the first antimicrobial treated doormat, because I was greatly concerned about protecting children and allergy sufferers from the dangers of tracked-in debris including pesticides and other chemicals.
However, the threat is even greater for our dogs and cats who have much more direct exposure than we do to a range of dangerous chemicals. They nose around close to the ground, they roll around in the grass, often eat grass and plants and then lick their paws ingesting the chemicals. Moreover, dogs and cats don’t wear clothes or shoes and the chemicals are more easily absorbed into their fur and through their paw pads….CLICK HERE TO READ FULL ARTICLE